Electronic Request for Tenancy Approval (RTA)
Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program owners / landlords must complete the following steps when leasing a unit to an HCV client:
- Begin the Electronic Request for Tenancy Approval (RTA) by clicking the link above.
- Once the RTA packet opens in DocuSign, enter your name and email address under “Landlord”, and the name and email address of your prospective tenant under “Client.” This will ensure the packet is sent to both parties for completion.
- If your prospective tenant does not have an email address, please encourage them to create an email account as many of our processes will be completed through email.
- Once you have entered contact information for yourself and the prospective tenant, the RTA packet will be emailed to you for completion.
- Please prepare a copy of the lease, signed only by the prospective tenant, to attach as a PDF to the RTA packet in DocuSign.
- View Lease Requirements ➜
- If you are a new landlord, Part II will be sent to you once Part I has been reviewed and approved by Opportunity Home.
Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Inspection Information ➜
The completed packet will be automatically sent to Opportunity Home staff for review. Please allow 7–10 business days for staff to review your packet once it has been received by Opportunity Home.
Online RTA Packet Information
What documents to expect in the online Request for Tenancy Approval (RTA) packet:
- Request for Tenancy Approval (RTA): This form is required by U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and must be completed by the landlord and signed by the landlord and the head of household (Form HUD-52517).
- Acknowledgement of Lease Requirements: This form requests confirmation from both the landlord and the head of household that the lease meets Opportunity Home’s requirements. This document will require the landlord to attach a copy of the lease.
- Tenancy Addendum: This form is required by HUD to be attached to the client’s lease (HUD-52641-A).
- Lead-Based Paint Disclosure: Landlords must complete and sign this form for properties built before 1978. Required by 24 CFR 35.92(b).
- Owner Certification Form: This Opportunity Home form certifies legal ownership of the property and understanding of owner responsibilities in the HCV Program.
- W-9: A separate W-9 form must be completed for the owner and the Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) Payee if payments are to be made to someone other than the owner (i.e., Property Manager).
- Direct Deposit Authorization: This form will require you to attach a voided check so that Housing Assistance Payments can be directly deposited
For your convenience, deposit summaries, caseworker contact information and other unit information can be found on the Landlord Corner online at bit.ly/LLCorner.
If you have any questions, please contact Opportunity Home’s Landlord Liaison at Landlords@homesa.org or 210-477-6033.